SCIENZECITTADINANZA.ORG - Laboratorio di Scienze della Cittadinanza
LSC - Laboratorio di Scienze della Cittadinanza
|Titolo : SET–DEV – SCIENCE, ETHICS AND TECHNOLOGICAL RESPONSIBILITY IN DEVELOPING AND EMERGING COUNTRIES|
The European Commission (DG Research) is funding the Coordination Action “Science, Ethics and Technological Responsibility in Developing and Emerging Countries” within the context of the Seventh Framework Programme for technology research and development. The Coordination Action aims to support the research systems in two countries - India and Kenya – and to encourage a socialisation of scientific and technological research (STR), enabling it to “measure up to” greatly changing societies. The project started in March 2008 and will run for 36 months.
The project is carried out by a consortium including partners from India, Kenya and Europe: Italian National Research Council - CNR;Laboratorio di Scienze della Cittadinanza – LSC; Universiteit Maastricht; Minerva Consulting & Communication Sprl.; University of Central Lancashire (LBS and CLICT); Max Delbrueck Centrum fuer Molekulare Medizin; African Technology Policy Studies Network; University of Hyderabad, Department of Sociology, School of Social Sciences; Lunds Universitet; Centre for World Solidarity; Intermedia NCG.
The objectives of the project are the following:
- to strengthen the levels of information and awareness on critical issues connected with science and technology by fostering a dialogue among scientists from different parts of the planet;
- to enhance the socialisation of research, in view of the strengthening of local research systems;
- to activate processes of building institutional capacities and skills on the themes connected with science, the processes of socialisation of STR and ethics, in the context of a more general assumption of responsibility over research processes (technological responsibility);
- to develop guidelines and standards which are also sensitive to and compatible with the local values and needs, as well as to the characteristics and the degree of development of the local research systems;
- to define perspectives of socialisation of science and technology that take into consideration local needs and are in compliance with EU standards in ethics.
|Stampato il Lunedi 2 Agosto 2021 alle ore 01:48:26|
|CMS V 3.0.1 - Design by: Shade & Light Multimedia (www.shadine.it)|